Add a little fabulous to every month and give yourself a big ol' planet-friendly high-five!
Looking to dip your toes in first before taking the plunge? We've curated our top 3 best-selling pads, making this little set a great place to start.
We're guessing that the arrival of your cycle can sometimes be a bit of a drag. No more once you get your hands on some gorgeous, comfy, planet-friendly Amie Reusable pads!
If you are new to reusables, we'd love to help you avoid spending forever researching and trying to wrap your head around what to get and, instead, get you started right away with some pads you'll love. This little kit has you (literally!) covered for light, moderate and heavy flow.
- our signature shape features exceptional wing-coverage and a symmetrical flare
- our reusables are incredibly absorbent, rivaling any disposable pad, so you can feel confident wearing them
- absorbency in marked the corner of the Amie tag on the back of each pad, so you don't have to try to remember which is which
- each pad has a unique channel stitch down the centre to help direct flow to the centre of the pad
spandex next to your skin is as comfy as your favourite tee - and it is warm enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer
- prints stay vibrant after washing, bringing you a little happiness for the life of the pad
- each pad is backed with soft shell, which is both waterproof and breathable, preventing leaks and keeping you comfortable at the same time
- we package your items with care using sustainable packaging
- we donate 10% of all our profits to International Justice Mission to aid in the fight to end slavery worldwide
🌱 FAQs about the Mini Starter Set
Are reusables a ton of work? Will I need to invest in an antique washtub and start making my own lye soap?!
No worries! Reusable pads are super easy to care for, taking just a few minutes each cycle. No washboard or homemade lye soap needed! Scroll down or click through the pics above to see our easy care routine. And, we include instructions with every purchase to make it super-simple for you!
Will they leak? I don't want to be embarrassed!
Not only are our pads very absorbent, they are also backed with a terrific technical fabric, soft shell, which is breathable and waterproof. As well, a special feature of our pads is the channel stitch (the fancy scallop down the centre) we add, which helps direct flow to the centre. So, wear with confidence!
How many more pads will I need for a complete set?
Since everyone is different, we can't say exactly how many you'll want, but the beauty of this set is that it will allow you to test out three different lengths and absorbencies, to see which ones you'd like more of and what will work best for you. You might find our blog post, How Many Reusable Pads Will I Need? helpful.
How long will these pads last?
While the standard answer is that you should your pads to last about 5 years, we find this an extremely conservative estimate.
When will my order ship?
It will be on its way to you within 5 business days. Most of our packages ship via Canada Post's untracked lettermail. If you wish your parcel to be trackable, please add this option at checkout.
These aren't made in a sweat shop somewhere, right?
Absolutely right! Our pads are all sewn by women in their homes right here in Ontario, Canada. While our seamstresses are paid by the piece, we pay a rate equivalent to a living wage.
🌱 Pads Included:
- One Long Heavy Absorbency (feather print in the centre)
- One Standard Moderate Absorbency (amethyst print on the left)
- One Standard Short Light Absorbency (marble galaxy print on the right)
For more information on our pad sizing, click here.
🌱 Fabric Used on Pads
- Topper Fabrics: Cotton
- Core: Heavy Pad - 2 layers of Super-Heavy Bamboo Organic Cotton Fleece; Moderate Pad – 1 layer of Super-Heavy Bamboo Organic Cotton Fleece; Light Pad - I layer of Bamboo Organic Cotton Fleece
- Backer: Water-resistant 100% Polyester Soft Shell
- Snaps: High Quality KAM brand Polyresin
🌱 Washing Reusable Pads
We highly recommend you wash and dry all reusable pads and liners before first use.
- Store unrinsed pads in an open wetbag or pail until ready to wash.
- When ready to wash, soak pads overnight in COLD water with a bit of dissolved OxiClean™ and detergent.
- Rinse pads and treat any remaining stains. Repeat soak, if necessary.
- Wash and dry pads with regular laundry, WITHOUT fabric softener.
Questions?! Please contact us anytime using the contact form on the top or bottom of the page. We are always here to help!